PEEK is a very good material especially when the temperature is high or a fire hazard. PEEK is resistant to most aggressive liquids. The Peek is the hardest mechanical plastic. These characteristics make it one of the most hard plastics and durable.
Peek strength :
- Excellent strength, stiffness and dimensional stability in high temperature and harsh environments
- Low coefficient of friction and high wear resistance without lubrication
- Chemically resistant to most of corrosive agents and to industrial oils an solvents.
- Features low outgassing, low particle generation and inherent purity for reduced contamination.
- Easy to process and lightweight compared to steel, aluminum and titanium.
- Peek is sensible to UV radiation, but not to B, y, X radiation.